For active folks who love hiking, there are 15 miles of trails to explore in the Garden of the Gods.
- Start at the North main parking lot of the Garden of the Gods Park for the PERKINS CENTRAL GARDEN TRAIL. This is an easy, 1 1/2 mile roundtrip over a concrete foot path, with less than a 30 foot rise in elevation. Wheelchair and stroller accessible, this loop is in the heart of the Park at the base of the highest rock formations.
- Other great trails include RIDGE TRAIL, a moderate, 1/2 mile loop, with less than 100 foot rise in elevation. This path gives you the feeling of being among the rocks.
- SIAMESE TWINS TRAIL is an easy 1 mile roundtrip, with less than a 150 foot rise. There is a unique view of Pikes Peak through the natural window of the twins.
- CHAMBERS/BRETAG/PALMER TRAIL is a moderate, 3 mile hike with less than a 250 foot rise. Nearly circling the entire Park, this trail covers rolling, rocky terrain away from the traffic.
- SCOTSMAN/BUCKSKIN CHARLIE TRAIL is a moderate trail that loops through the Park. Enjoy the distant views of the Central Garden formations from these rolling, rocky trails.
For a complete list of trails in the Park, pick up a full color map at the Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center.