The Garden of the Gods Park is a registered National Natural Landmark in Colorado Springs.
5:00 am – 10:00 pm
Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center Hours:
9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Winter Months
8:00 am – 7:00 pm, Summer (Memorial Day Weekend - Labor Day Weekend)
Both the Park and Visitor & Nature Center are FREE and open to the public.
Highlighted Rules for Garden of the Gods Park
- Your Park has unique and sensitive soil that is easily damaged. Even one person off trail can create decades of destruction. Please help us protect the Park and stay on official trails.
- Pets are welcome in the Park but must be on leash at all times and all pet waste removed. Doggie cleanup bags are available at the Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center in the designated pet area.
- The Rocks in the Park are easily damaged please Do not mark or carve on them.
- Take only pictures. Do not remove any of the Park’s natural features (rocks, plants, animals).
- There are many camping areas nearby. Stop by the Visitor & Nature Center for a list of locations where camping is allowed. Please note there is no overnight camping allowed in the Park.
- Rock Climbing Permit and safety gear are required for any rock climbing activities inside the Park. You can get a permit online or at the information desk in the Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center.
- There are areas inside the Park for bouldering. You must have a climbing permit and climbing safety pads are recommended. You can be fined up to $500 if you do not have the appropriate permit.
- Please share the road and stay out of the pedestrian/bike lane. The speed limit throughout the park is 20 MPH.
- Horseback rides on designated trails can be scheduled with Academy Riding Stables. If you bring your horse to the Park, ride only on designated trails.
- The Garden of the Gods is a beautiful Park for video. However, drones cannot be operated in the Garden of the Gods Park without proper permits and insurance.
- Drone photography is not permitted in the park or at the Visitor Center, without proper permitting and insurance. For more information about commercial permits Click Here.
There are 336 parking spaces inside the Park. Please be patient during busy times.